pager plugin mousewheel switch workspace

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Mon May 8 23:44:24 CEST 2006

Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On 5/8/06, Maximilian Schleiss <maxschleiss at bluewin.ch> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> is there a way to disable the mousewheel action of switching workspaces
>> when the mouse pointer is on the pager? My problem is that I have a
>> laptop and use the synaptics driver which has a very handy option to
>> enable the far right vertical side of the touchpad to act as a wheel to
>> scroll in documents.
>
> I too have this driver and have more or less gotten used to staying
> away from the right edge.  How often are you over the pager and moving
> the mouse?
>
> Also, something I've considered but never actually done is to put some
> sort of "bump" on the edge to indicate where the border actually is.
> I've seen Gateways that have this built in (maybe the only good thing
> about them) but I can't think of a way to do this that wouldn't be
> ugly.  (Any ideas would be most appreciated.)
>
> HTH,
> Andrew

Go to an auto parts store and see if they have any narrow pinstripe
detailing tape.  I know this stuff comes as narrow as 1/16 inch.  Or,
better yet, go to a detailing shop and see if they will give you a few
inches of some, so you don't have to buy a whole roll.

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA