XFCE 4.4 beta

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Thu May 4 16:55:57 CEST 2006

On Thu, 04 May 2006 07:30:54 -0700
Nic Stevens <nic.stevens at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok ... here's a few things I see as issues with the beta. I don't
> know if I would call these bugs or not but from the perspective of a
> desktop user these are things that I found as either deficient or
> awkward:
>
> Desktop:
>
>    1. Desktop icon display should have transparent background on icon
>       text labels.

Has been discussed and will not be implemented.

>    2. When desktop is in file/launcher mode icons mode, files created
> in ~/Desktop should be  displayed. Currently I have to change display
>       modes to see newly created files.

then your famin/gam daemon is not working for you... reconfigure those

>    3. If Desktop is in file/launcher mode there should be a context
> menu to create launcher/file items. Additionally there should be
>       thunar  templates to accomplish the same tasks when viewing the
>       ~/Desktop folder

i can agree on that... partly :)
let's just say it would be nice to have....

> File Manager:
>
>    1. File/item display should maintain different display settings for
>       each folder.  (i.e., different zoom, view type(icon/list/compact
>       list), etc.)

Has been discussed in the designing phase of Thunar and has been
rejected for whatever reason out there... check previous mail of
thunar-dev or the wiki of thunar...

gr,S.