CDE-like behavior (Was: Re: Will using KDE programs use too much system resources?)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed May 3 16:33:35 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 21:59 -0400, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> > The position of the menu arrows on launchers. To make this configurable
> > it would have to be a global option, which I really don't want, because
> > it breaks the nice separation between panel framework and plugins. I'm
> > not sure there is a good solution here, and I'm not planning to
> > implement one before 4.4.0.
>
> 	I must have blinked.  Isn't the menu arrow on top of the item in the
> panel?  Maybe I need to go wander some more in the beta.

	Ah yes, the menu arrows are on the side.  It would be nice if they were
on top.  It looks to me that the evolution of Xfce is to make it more
palatable for people coming over from GNOME/KDE/WinXX.  This is not a
bad thing (I repeat: doing this is not a bad thing) as it makes Xfce
more accessible to the world.  But you have to see where I'm coming
from.  A following message will help explain why I am so desirous of
these features.

Joe