xfce4-panel dying?

EC zybhjk at verizon.net
Thu Mar 23 22:16:39 CET 2006

Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:00:32 +0100 | Krisztian VASAS <iron at ironiq.hu>

> Did you upgrade to glib2 2.10.1 or gtk2 2.8.14 (i don't know whether one
> of these packages are ready in CentOS). I noticed that one of the
> mentioned packages cause a "double free or corruption" error. In the
> backtrace i noticed that the free is in glib2, but after installing the
> older version this problem haven't solved. The problem exists on i686
> and x86_64 platforms.

I have also recently started to have similar (related?) problems.
$ xfce4-panel
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08432ba8 ***
Aborted

Debian unstable, x86
 xfce4-panel    4.2.3-1 from os-cillation
 libglib2.0-0   2.10.1-2
 libgtk2.0-0    2.8.13-1

I would be happy to give more feedback as well if that will help.
--
Thu:Mar:23:06
Eli C.