ANNOUNCE: Verve Plugin 0.2.0 Released

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Mar 22 13:45:59 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:32:01 +0100
Wiktor Grebla <greblus at wp.pl> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 12:13:07AM +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>
> > No important new features this time, just a few bugfixes and new
> > translations (German, French, Dutch, Japanese, Basque and Vietnamese
> > are supported now).
>
> Hi, I see that the entry size is correct in this version :) Thanks!
>
> I've an idea/question: i use xfrun4 and when i press alt+f2 it
> pops-up with the focus and cursor to enter a command. Is there any
> chance to implement such a behaviour, i mean to place the cursor in
> verve's entry widget after a keyboard shortcut (e.g. starting a
> command telling verve to grab the cursor)? It could save some
> clicking.

Done in SVN. We recently discussed a D-BUS service for xfrun4 on the
xfce4-dev mailinglist, using the org.xfce.RunDialog interface suggested
by Benedikt. I implemented this interface in Verve. So we'll just have
to wait for Brian to add a feature to xfrun4 which performs a lookup on
D-BUS for such an org.xfce.RunDialog instance and calls it. This means:

If you have Verve running in the panel, pressing <Alt>F2 will result in
Verve grabbing the focus. If not, it will show the usual xfrun4 dialog
as a fallback. I'll also deliver a helper script which you can use
aside from xfrun4, so you can bind a different key to focussing Verve.
This might be useful because other programs like Thunar will probably
also implement the org.xfce.RunDialog interface and if you'd have a
Thunar instance running, Verve wouldn't get the focus.

I'm going to release Verve 0.3 next weekend. If you don't want to wait
until then, you can also check out the source from SVN.

Regards,
Jannis