ANNOUNCE: Verve Plugin 0.2.0 Released

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Fri Mar 3 15:32:39 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:32:01 +0100
Wiktor Grebla <greblus at wp.pl> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 12:13:07AM +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>
> > No important new features this time, just a few bugfixes and new
> > translations (German, French, Dutch, Japanese, Basque and Vietnamese
> > are supported now).
>
> Hi, I see that the entry size is correct in this version :) Thanks!
>
> I've an idea/question: i use xfrun4 and when i press alt+f2 it
> pops-up with the focus and cursor to enter a command. Is there any
> chance to implement such a behaviour, i mean to place the cursor in
> verve's entry widget after a keyboard shortcut (e.g. starting a
> command telling verve to grab the cursor)? It could save some
> clicking.

Should be doable. I'm not sure how I can do this, but there is a
terminal application (tilda) which does something similar - you can
toggle its visibility using a custom shortcut. I've looked into the
code for this and it seems that it creates a new thread waiting for
events from the X-Server. I've posted a feature request for this on
BerliOS so I hopefully don't forget it in the next release.

Regards,
Jannis