What happened to my panel?

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 18 23:19:55 CEST 2006

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:10:53 -0400 (EDT)
Patrick Wiseman got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> Have YOU seen the new file selection dialog that's been foisted on us by
> the GNOME folks?  And I don't even USE GNOME, but they apparently control
> GTK now.

Maybe that explains why on my Ubuntu system, I have to change GTK themes in
Gnome, then log back into XFCE :-\

I'm in complete agreement. Some Desktops are just better thought out than
others, and unfortunately the two big ones are seemingly competing to see who
can become the most bloated and annoying.

There's nothing wrong with providing a 'frontend' to a useful app, but when you
start trying to integrate the UI with the underlying OS you get...yep, Windows.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046