Menu file format.

Guðmundur Bjarnason gummi.bj at virgin.net
Thu Jun 15 15:31:57 CEST 2006

Hello XFCE.

I have a situation where I would like to make a generic menu across window
managers. I am running KDE, GNOME and XFCE. So far both GNOME and KDE support
one file format that I can easily adapt but XFCE has a very different format
that would require a substantial adaptation. Is there any moves towards using
the same format as them? I would like to narrow the menus down to a very
simple structure that uses the .desktop files in /usr/share/applications only
and one menu file that defines menu folders. I can't figure out how do do
this in XFCE in the first place. I would very much appreciate any helpful
comments from someone.

Gummi