Recently used documents in the menu

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Jun 6 23:31:08 CEST 2006

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 23:01:00 +0200, Joël Bajot wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to find a way to turn the .recently-used file into a
> submenu, containing each recently-used entry as a link. I think the
> only way to do it is to rewrite the .recently-used file into an
> external menu file, but does anyone have a clue on how to make it
> dynamically updated to reflect changes directly into the menu - if
> ever possible, of course ?

As I plan to work out a proper XDG menu implementation for Xfce 4.6,
this might be possible one day.

Transforming the .recently-used file into a XML menu file should be
possible, perhaps via a cronjob? Sounds like something to play with on
a boring sunday.

> Does anyone have another solution to get an easy access to recently
> used documents without having to open a file manager (e.g from a
> panel plugin, maybe...) ?

None, that I know of. Nice idea for a plugin, though.

Regards,
Jannis