SVN to releaseable package

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sat Jun 3 16:12:10 CEST 2006

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 09:42:52 -0400, Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>
wrote:

> Jean-François Wauthy wrote:
>
> >> Yeah, I know.  But that doesn't make for easy upgrading for
> >> testing. There needs to be either binary rpm packages or the gui
> >> install package.
> >
> > Jannis is working on such an installer : http://installit.xfce.org
>
> 	That doesn't look to bad.  OC, the primary distribution
> method will have to be RPMs in the end.  I think it might be useful
> to have an xfce yum repository.  That's an idea.
RPM is specific to Fedora and SuSE. For those things, you should also
have a repository for Debian packages(I know, RPM user don't like to
think about that there are even better things), provide packages for
Slackware and so on. I think the installer is the best and easiest way
to make most people happy.

regards,
Enrico

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de