SVN to releaseable package (was: Re: about symbolic links on Desktop)

nusret nbalci_l at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 03:43:57 CEST 2006

--- Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I was more referring here to actual bug
> reports.  If
> > something's crashing on Xubuntu's patched version
> of whatever, I
> > don't really want to hear about it.  I don't know
> the details of the
> > version they're using.  While we're in the beta
> cycle, I'm fixing
> > bugs as I see them, so it wastes my time to hear
> about bugs unless
> > people have tested against current SVN trunk.
>
> 	I have a question/idea...  Would it be possible to
> have a nightly build
> of SVN in the xfce gui install package?  I mean, the
> xfce*-installer.bin
> file.  If not a daily build how about a weekly
> build?  This would make
> 4.4 more accessible to users and easier for people
> to test against the
> more current versions.
>
> Just a thought,
> Joe

Hi,
I don't know how feasible this would be for you, but
one point is this: it should also be easily
uninstallable in case one needs to revert to previous
version. Side-by-side installation, I mean. All
configuration files etc. could be suffixed with
"svn<version>", for example. I really don't know how
much work this is for you, but I believe it would
increase user feedback.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Nusret