about symbolic links on Desktop

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 23:15:43 CEST 2006

On 6/1/06, nusret <nbalci_l at yahoo.com> wrote:
> P.S. Actually, a third possibility is that I'm
> knocking on the wrong door: maybe Xubuntu is the one
> to blame about some of the (perceived?) problems, as
> you pointed out earlier.

OK, this is me ranting.

Because Ubuntu devs have decided to pick and choose the patches that
they run from SVN--and they're always behind--it makes it very hard to
pinpoint exactly what's causing the problems in a case like this.
ARGH.

For the most part, they don't do this with GNOME--or really any
software--and they're pretty strict about stable version deadlines for
new versions, but for some reason Xfce seems to be the exception.  I'd
say it's just because 4.4 is so awesome.