about symbolic links on Desktop

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 21:40:40 CEST 2006

On 6/1/06, nusret <nbalci_l at yahoo.com> wrote:
> About the Menu plugin on the panel vs. shell context
> menu (Desktop menu): At least in my case, on Xubuntu
> 6.06, things do not work as they should. For example,
> I just discovered that If I choose a custom menu file
> for panel menu plugin, it stops working! I just found
> out that... Please note that I like the current menu
> for use with panel menu, it's good for that. But to
> use that also for the Desktop context menu is just
> duplication, and reduces functionality I mentioned
> above.  I followed Andrew's directions to customize
> default desktop menu, but this time panel plugin
> caused problem... At this stage, some things seems
> broken: i simply don't know whether it's a Xubuntu
> issue, or a beta 1 xfce 4.4 issue.

My bets are on Xubuntu.  I'll test this tonight when I can sit down on
an Xubuntu box.

Your fellow Ubuntu user,
Andrew

P.S. - I think I ranted about Ubuntu's strangeness with regards to
Xfce a while back (if it wasn't me, I approved of what was said), but
that's a topic for a different time, and likely not this list. :)