[ANNOUNCE] First Xfce4-notes-plugin release

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 13:49:52 CEST 2006

Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:43:54 +0300 - juha <kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi> wrote :

> Thanks Mike,

Welcome.

> Couple of enhancement suggestions:
> I found it rather difficult to hit the number instead of x
> when accessing the notes in tabs. Perhaps it would be better
> to put that x (close=delete) to somewhere else instead to
> that close to the tab. Or perhaps there is another way to
> change the tab?

  Yes right... even if I have no trouble to click on the numbers :>
You can use the mouse wheel too.  I wanted a fast way to delete a
note.  I could provide a button besides the one to open a new note.
  I had already this in mind, but my last wish was to finish the
notebook.  So there was a few things which I stopped looking for.

> Colour control is gone?

  Right.  I have seen the code in the old plugin, how to set the colors,
and it is a huge amount of code only for colours.  Maybe I will add
this option in the future.  It is more an eye-candy thing, so I don't
really care.

> It is not possible to rename headers anymore?

  You mean the title bar?  I don't feel like it is useful to name the
notes.
  At the moment there is no multiple window support anyway.  It is on
todo list tho.

> It is not possible to change the size of the note window?

  Right, it is not possible since the window.  I would have to append a
status bar, but I don't want to increase the size of the window with
extra panes at this point.
  You can use ALT+Right mouse button to resize it.  Parameters of the
size are saved too, so you don't need to resize it every time ;)

> /Juha

Thank you for the feedback.
Cheers,
Mike