settings manager/menus don't work, desktop icon funnies

Vincent Groenewold vincentgroenewold at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 10:26:00 CEST 2006

Sounds exactly like some of the problems I had. They were due to the fact
that I didn't remove xfce4.2 correctly. Your xfce installation is probably
trying to use older parts, which doesn't work. Remove the entire package
completely and re-install.

The xfdesktop crash happened to on two occasions as well, unfortunately I
wasn't able to find out why.

Cheerz,Vincent