thunar + mountpoints + sort by name and case

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Jul 14 17:10:28 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 20:42 +0200, Erika Meier wrote:

> I am using Gentoo. In my Case its not about proper sorting but about
> being able ti find a file of which I do not know if I used a capital
> letter or a lowercase to be the first of the name... its just so much
> easier...

	Ah, that's a horse of a different color.  If you know the directory
it's in just run -

$ ls [Hh]elp.me

to get all files named "Help.me" and "help.me".  You can even use
wildcards and do something like this -

$ ls [Mm]*

	If you don't know the directory then use the find command in the same
way -

$ find / -name [Nn]et* -print

	Therefor you don't need to worry about sort order.