program running in all desktops

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Jul 3 01:39:11 CEST 2006

Eduardo Gargiulo wrote:

> I would like to run root-tail, an app to show contents of log files
> on root window, in all desktops. Where should I have to run the
> application from?

	I know this can be done because people have done it.  It means you
can't run xfdesktop so you don't get the menus and stuff.  If you run it
in a terminal, as others have suggested, it might workout.  You can
"pin" the window to all desktops by right clicking in the title bar and
selecting the big + sign with the word "Stick".  If I were going to run
root-tail this is how I'd do it.