How do I tell xfce4-mixer to use /dev/dsp?

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 31 13:38:54 CET 2006

No - it just brings up the same "default" as in the settings manager.

Patrick

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 at 11:13pm, Erik Harrison wrote:

:File->Options not give you anything useful?
:
:On 1/30/06, Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman at mindspring.com> wrote:
:> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 at 7:19pm, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
:>
:> :Patrick Wiseman wrote:
:> :> Hello:
:> :>
:> :> After a recent upgrade, the mixer settings manager offers me the "default"
:> :> device and nothing else, even after I put /dev/dsp in the "Properties"
:> :> "device".  It has been working properly, but now the mixer has no
:> :> controls.  (Sound works OK, but the mixer is nonfunctional.)
:> :
:> :Remove the volume control and re-install it.  That has helped here when
:> :I changed configuration.
:>
:> Did that.  Made no difference.
:>
:> Patrick
:> _______________________________________________
:> Xfce mailing list
:> Xfce at xfce.org
:> http://www.xfce.org
:>
:
:
:--
:Erik
:
:"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
:would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."
:Xfce mailing list
:Xfce at xfce.org