Screen resolution - 600x480 -> 1024x768

Andrew Robinson andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 18:40:36 CET 2006

   1. Ensure that your xorg.conf is correct (I think Ubuntu uses xorg,
   but I am not sure). It may be located under your /etc/X11 directory
      1. Check for the monitor settings. If there are display modes,
      they seem to take precedence over the screen modes
      2. Make sure the screen setup is correct
      3. Ensure you are using the correct video driver
      4. Ensure you have configured your monitor correctly (DPMS
      enabled for example)
   2. You can also use xrandr to change resolution, but it has to be
   supported by X

I don't have specifics other than that, each computer is different depending
on drivers, etc. If you are using XFree86 instead of X11 you will have to
ask someone else.

Other than that it is an X issue not an xfce issue to my knowledge. You may
want to post to linuxquestions.net as well under the ubuntu forum.

-Andrew