Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:18:33 CET 2006

On 1/10/06, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Michel Leunen wrote:
> > Where can I find this option 'use startup notification'. It seems I'm
> > not able to find it in the 'Settings Manager'.
>
> It's not in the settings manager, it's in the launcher properties.
>
> Startup notification requires the application to support it, so it
> cannot be a global option (as not all applications support startup
> notification)
>
> http://www.xfce.org/documentation/docs-4.2/xfce4-panel.html#launcher-item

Not to hijack this thread, but that reminds me of a question I've had
for a while: why make this an option for each launcher?  You've mostly
answered it here, but it begs another: is there any drawback in
"trying" to support startup notification in an app that doesn't
support it?  I didn't know about some apps not supporting it, and I've
put it on every launcher and menu item I've ever created without
noticeable problem.  I think I'd like to request that on bugzilla,
since just having the global option seems sufficient, but since we're
talking about it here....

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com