Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:09:24 CET 2006

On 1/10/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew.conkling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/06, Michel Leunen <ml at leunen.com> wrote:
> > Andrew Conkling wrote:
> >
> > > Make sure you have libstartup-notification installed.
> >
> > Ok, that's the case for me.
> >
> > $ slocate libstartup-notification
> >
> > /usr/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0.0.0
> > /usr/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0
> >
> > > See here for
> > > more information:
> > > http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation&lang=en#startup
> >
> > Where can I find this option 'use startup notification'. It seems I'm
> > not able to find it in the 'Settings Manager'.
>
> It's a compilation option; you need to make sure your Xfce was
> compiled with it.  Are you saying that it's not working for you?  If
> you compiled from source, typically you would just make sure that
> libstartup-notification was installed before you compiled.  (I'm
> pretty sure that the startup notification is default.)  If you have
> packages, typically you can just ensure that libstartup-notification
> is listed as a dependency.
>
> ...or you could always just mention which distro you're using and how
> you installed, and one of us could help you more specifically. :)

Or how you are launching the application. If you are launching from
the panel, you have to check a box to get startup notification to
work.

I honestly don't know if Xffm does startup notification....

> --
> http://aconkling.blogspot.com

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."