Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:00:23 CET 2006

On 1/10/06, Michel Leunen <ml at leunen.com> wrote:
> Andrew Conkling wrote:
>
> > Make sure you have libstartup-notification installed.
>
> Ok, that's the case for me.
>
> $ slocate libstartup-notification
>
> /usr/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0.0.0
> /usr/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0
>
> > See here for
> > more information:
> > http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation&lang=en#startup
>
> Where can I find this option 'use startup notification'. It seems I'm
> not able to find it in the 'Settings Manager'.

It's a compilation option; you need to make sure your Xfce was
compiled with it.  Are you saying that it's not working for you?  If
you compiled from source, typically you would just make sure that
libstartup-notification was installed before you compiled.  (I'm
pretty sure that the startup notification is default.)  If you have
packages, typically you can just ensure that libstartup-notification
is listed as a dependency.

...or you could always just mention which distro you're using and how
you installed, and one of us could help you more specifically. :)

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com