All this talk of terminals (relevant)

Robin Haswell rob at digital-crocus.com
Wed Feb 22 21:52:45 CET 2006

All this talk of terminals have got me wondering if I should upgrade.
I've been a die-hard Eterm fan since.. forever, mostly because Eterm was
the first terminal I used that had a usably quick faketrans mode on my
old 333mhz machine. As terminals went it was the dog's cajones, not only
lightning-fast but had great features like the ability to remove window
borders. Because of using Eterm forever I've become addicted to the
standard "fixed" font, with Eterm's slight drop-shadow to help with
readability. I really would like a newer terminal with tabbing and
Unicode support, but I can't use any terminal with any font for more
than an hour or so without getting frustrated by the font.

Anyway, the point is, does anyone know if it's possible to make xfterm
to use the standard "fixed" (8x13 I think) in xfterm? Preferably with
the 1px black dropshadow?

Cheers

-Rob