OT: Why planet gnome doesn't tell all the truth?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Feb 18 21:25:58 CET 2006

Xavier Otazu wrote:

> I love the last conclusion ! ;-) ... but may be it is because it was
> compiled from source.

Cache may cause a lot of difference. So make sure you run each tests
several times before jumping to the conclusions.

Aslo, keep in mind that all software running on every system was
compiled from source, some day ;)

> Final conclusion: Any suposed objective test that claims that the poster
> is better than the rest, has to be taken with a "most" of salt ... even if
> they are the gnome guys. (This attitude remembers me of Microsoft) ... :-(

Don't tell them that, that would rightfully generate some anger. But for
the rest, I guess you can ask them :)

Cheers,
Olivier.