Desktop and Panel grow excessively

Michael Fierro biffster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 01:31:23 CET 2006

On 2/17/06, Andrew Lees <andrewl at acay.com.au> wrote:
> I have been using xfce4 for a long time with no changes that I can
> recall, but suddenly xfdesktop version 4.2.2 and xfce4-panel Version
> 4.2.2 are gradually growing without letup, so that over 24 hours their
> combined size is ~1.7GB.  The only change that I can think of that might
> be causing this is that I have increased ram from 512M to 1G (not yet
> changed to flat kernel, so ~900M available).

This email isn't going to be much assistance to you, but I had the
same exact problem. I even wrote about it on my blog
(http://apt-get.biffster.org), then switched to KDE for a while.

However, the problem sorted itself out after a dist-upgrade one day. I
never found out what changed (this is Ubuntu Breezy, btw), but one day
everything went back to normal.

I think I remember somewhere that korgac contributes to the problem,
so if you have Kontact installed, try updating to its newest version.
Other than that, I dunno.

Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
---
"As long as the prerequisite for that shining Paradise is
ignorance, bigotry, and hate...I say the Hell with it."
 --Inherit the Wind (kingubu)