XFCE crashes immediately after login

Chris Dufresne duf82z24 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 17:16:46 CET 2006

I did try telinit 5, and that's when I discovered the
problem. gdm comes up with an error about an X server
already running on :0. I've tried a reboot, a hard
shutdown. I still get the same error. But I just found
out that a co-worker was playing around trying to get
xdm to come up, so I'm thinking, that's probably the
problem.