[ot] Xgl and Compiz WM

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Tue Feb 14 20:45:26 CET 2006

Here he is again...

I just installed Xgl and Compriz using these instructions:
http://www.sebastian-bergmann.de/blog/archives/574-Xgl-and-Compiz.html

It looks and feels pretty darn cool!

Besides that Nvidia's twinview stopped working, I have a problem with
XFWM4...

Before enabling Compriz, I had to kill XFWM4. After Compriz is loaded,
XFWM4 will not start: ** (xfwm4:23121): WARNING **: Another Window
Manager is already running

Now I don't have decorated windows anymore...

In the instructions there was a mention of gnome having a separate
binary for the window  decorator (gnome-window-decorator). Can this also
be accomplished with XFWM4?

Thanx,

Harold.