XFCE Hangs

roger rstmp at iinet.com.au
Mon Feb 13 08:39:16 CET 2006

Hi John,

Your X conf. file reads that your driver is "nv" (generic/opensource).
However, your issue sounds like the nvidia bug.
I would suggest that you try "lsmod | grep nv", which should tell which driver
is used.
If it says "nv", sorry I'm at lost... Otherwise (nvidia), it's likely that the
X conf file used is not the one you think it is...

What sounds odd to me is that you can run KDE without problems. A faulty
driver should generate the same problems, whatever window manager you use!?
In addition, I had in the past similar symptoms, except that no window
managers was spared.
It was due to faulty hardware, the video card, which didn't prevent me to
compile kernels, though.

Good luck,
Roger