XFCE Hangs

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:39:11 CET 2006

On 2/9/06, sofar <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:23:44 +0800, John Lee <johnleemk at gawab.com> wrote:
> > Until yesterday, I was using X.org's XFree86/X11 on Arch Linux 0.7
> > (Wombat) with XFCE 4.2.0. Because XFCE has a knack for hanging on my
> > computer (as often as three or four times a day), I just upgraded to
> > XFCE 4.2.3.2. This hasn't helped much, though.
> >
> > Sometimes just when I click on something, XFCE hangs. The mouse cursor
> > can still move, however. It's only XFCE, because my gAIM and XChat beep
> > when I get new messages.
>
> this sounds like the infamous NVIDIA bug - it's most likely not Xfce at
> all
> who is causing the hang. Are you using the binary NVIDIA driver?

I don't think it's an nVidia bug, because I have it too, and I have been
having it since before I had the generic nVidia drivers. I don't have it as
often as John, just when I edit my networking settings. I didn't have it
with Gnome so the problem probably is with Xfce.

Auke

Sorry if that wasn't much of a help.

--
Vincent