Alt-CursorKey combinations for irssi using Terminal

redondos redondos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:41:25 CET 2006

Hello. First poster here. :)

I am using xfce 4.2.2 under Gentoo and I'm having a bit of a problem with my
terminal, which is Terminal version 0.2.4. (the one by www.os-cillation.com)

I use irssi as my IRC client, and to switch windows I'd have to press the key
combination meta-arrow. For example, to display the window to the right of
the current one you could press Alt + Right Cursor Key. This key combination
doesn't work when using terminal, but it does under other vt102 emulators
such as rxvt.

I checked the Shortcuts section in the configuration panel, but there are no
bindings for those combinations, neither on xfce's shortcuts list.

For now, I can hit Esc+right to achieve the same result as the one above, but
that's a little tedious, I am used to do it the other way. Is it possible to
fix this somehow?

Have a nice one.

--
redondos