mount plugin

timystery at arcor.de timystery at arcor.de
Fri Dec 22 19:32:32 CET 2006

Well, I am not gonna implement some "I'm a stupid user" options - this ain't a Windoze plugin. Perhaps an option to exclude mount points by adding them to the config file will be added some day, but it will take away the second purpose - to act as 'df'.

Of course you are free and even encouraged to create a "Removable Media" plugin to only show user (un)mountable file systems. But actually, the ability to simply use the ordinary (u)mount commands ensures just the necessary security to not umount important file systems as an ordinary user - and root knows what (s)he's doing 'cause (s)he's root...

And before closing this thread... there's a goodies mailing list for discussing goodies.