Transparent Panels

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 22 08:29:00 CET 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:00:10 -0800
Brian J. Tarricone got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> (The reason it's sitting there waiting is because it's expecting input
> on stdin.  The '<' character tells the shell to feed the contents of the
> following filename to the process' stdin.  You can also do
> 'cat file | patch -p1' to achieve the same effect.)

...see, that's what I was missing. In the manpage and the guides I found
through Google, I misinterpreted that as something used as an example, like
when I said <targetfile>. :-\

...thanks, it's always something so simple I'm missing.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org