Battery Plugin Not Working

Robby Workman xfce at rlworkman.net
Wed Dec 13 04:02:19 CET 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Robby Workman wrote:
>
>> What version of Xfce?
>
>    Sorry, Robby. I assumed folks new it was the latest stable. It's 4.2.3.2

No problem; that's what I figured, but I wanted to confirm - a *lot*
of the traffic on the mailing list tends to be related to the 4.4
development builds.

>> What version of the battery plugin?
>
>    0.3.0
>
>> How did you install the plugin (package or source)?
>
>    Built from source, then I used checkinstall to make a Slackware package so
> it would be registered in /var/log/packages.

Well...  I haven't used the 4.2.x version of Xfce since well before
Slackware 11.0 released; however, I do recall that the battery plugin
was working fine on my laptop.

There is a newer version of the plugin available - see
http://goodies.xfce.org/releases/xfce4-battery-plugin/ - although I
won't swear that it's compatible with Xfce-4.2.x.  I *think* it is,
and either way, it can't hurt to try.

On the subject of building packages, have you ever used a SlackBuild
script to build one?  If so (and even if not), you might find this
useful:
http://slackbuilds.rlworkman.net/xfce4-goodies/xfce4-battery-plugin/

RW

--