Default desktop configuration?

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg at serverhive.com
Mon Dec 11 16:25:27 CET 2006

Στις Mon, 04 Dec 2006 03:15:36 +0100
Ο/Η Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> έγραψε:

> Hi,
>
> I work as a sysadmin in South France, and I'm currently installing a
> customized desktop environment on many machines here, replacing
> Windows 98 or XP by Slackware 11.0 with XFCE 4.4RC2 built from source.
>
> Q: where does XFCE's default configuration come from? E. g. when
> running XFCE the first time, the launcher is centered, there are a
> few entries for Terminal, Thunar, etcetera. No desktop background,
> but "Tips and Tricks" is activated. Now I wonder how I could possibly
> change that. As far as I could make out, there's a .config directory
> in every user's home which defines all that. Where does this get it's
> default values from?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki Kovacs

There is an /etc/skel directory, the contents of which are copied to
every new user's home directory when you create it.
Other than that, I *believe* that the defaults are
in /etc/xdg/xfce4/panel for the panel, at least.

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org
PGP Key: http://stavrosg.serverhive.com/files/GnuPG.key
"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Please copy me to your signature  to help me spread"