Locale settings not honoured

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Sat Dec 9 00:25:46 CET 2006

lists_mk at wujiman.net wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 11:35:51PM +1100, Terry wrote:
>
>> Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

>>> I guess he wants to know *how* to set those variables for Xfce...
>>>
>> Yes, that would help.
>>
>> When I type "locale" into Terminal, I get the correct responses but,
>> somehow, they are not being adopted by all applications, Thunar, as I
>> mentioned, being one.
>>

> and what is the expected end result? if it's the localization of messages, are
> you sure thunar is localized into your language?
>
> mk

I want dates displayed according to the locale.

I daresay Thunar is not localised.  That is the point of my enquiry.
What do I do to localise applications on Xfce?  On Kde the settings in
the file i18n are sufficient.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.