multiple wallpapers with xfce workspace

Timothy White xfce.users at weirdo.bur.st
Thu Dec 7 12:11:47 CET 2006

On 12/5/06, tomw at videotron.ca <tomw at videotron.ca> wrote:
> FYI wallpapoz is not compatible with xfce ... no big surprise.
> Tis a nice little utility though and could probably be the basis for a xfce plugin if anyone is interested.
> Sorry I don't have the required technical skills required (yet-:)
> I don't really know of any Linux desktop environments that offer this functionality.
>
> Until then if you search in the previous months archives someone wrote a script to randomly
> change your wallpaper. (no I have not tried it)

Random wallpapers is easy. It can be as easy as a cronjob every X
minutes, that runs xfdesktop -reload, and you have xfdesktop using a
list of wallpapers. I used to do this, when I had xfdesktop running
(now I have no desktop, or a gl screensaver drawing on root :p Mind
you, if anyone knows why this fails using Composite extensions, let me
know)

Different wallpapers for different "virtual" desktops has been asked
many times, and I don't see why it should be too hard, considering
that we can have different desktops for different X screens.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au