XFCE4 and Kiosk mode

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 13:20:38 CET 2006

Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:43:16 -0300 - "Mauro Graziosi" <mgraziosi at gmail.com>
wrote :

> Hi,
> I'm from Argentine, I'm a teacher on a university and I want to use
> use kiosk mode in XFCE4.
> I contact you by xfce forum but I want (if it is possible) more fluent
> comunication with you because I have to have it running very soon.

  You can also join the xfce user mailing list.

> I want to block everything, only firefox (with r-kiosk pluggin) can
> be used. It's possible?

  I don't have much experience with the kiosk mode... But AFAIK it is
not possible to limit the number of applications, well at least you can
set up a customized Xfce menu (e.g.: only a item for Firefox)... Even
if, from Firefox you will still be able to execute other programs.

> 1) I create /etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc
> 2) I put
> [xfce4-session]
> CustomizeSplash=NONE
> CustomizeChooser=NONE
> CustomizeLogout=NONE
> CustomizeCompatibility=NONE
> Shutdown=NONE
> CustomizeSecurity=NONE
> 3) I reboot X
>
> I can change any of those options and when I re-open my session it has
> the original value. I want to block everything, include the act of
> change.
>
> Regards

Regards,
Mike