Menu commands to open applications as root - how to?

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Sat Dec 2 01:51:59 CET 2006

Stavros Giannouris wrote:
> Στις Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:53:27 -0500
> Ο/Η Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> έγραψε:
>

>> On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 23:14 -0600, Scott Jones wrote:
>>

>>> I tried with gnomesu, but konq never came up.
>>>
>> 	Whither this gnomesu?  I did a "yum search gnomesu" but came
>> up with nothing.
>>

> Fedora/RHEL use the homegrown consolehelper(-gtk) package that does the
> same thing.
>
> --
> Stavros Giannouris

Do you know how to use that programme?  According to the man page:

[quote]
This program has no command line options of its own; it passes all
command line options on to the program it is calling.
[unquote]

But you cannot just call the programme.  How do you get it involved?

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.