double click to select phrase

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Aug 28 05:47:41 CEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 15:44 -0700, Anthony Ewell wrote:

> This is a follow up to the group.  I did not realize xfterm4 was not a
> souped up xterm, customized for us by some kind soul in the XFce
> group.

	Someone did.  It's called Terminal (can be run with the command
terminal as well).  It's got some nice features but doesn't have many of
the things xterm has.  I find I use both of them for different things.
Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to keep rxvt, mrxvt & aterm
install on here.

> This is what I finally wound up with on my terminal
> launcher pop up:
>
> xterm -fn 8x16  -fg blue      -bg white -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48"
>
> xterm -fn 8x16  -fg darkgreen -bg white -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48"
>
> xterm -fn 8x16  -fg darkred   -bg white -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48"
>
> xterm -fn 10x20 -fg blue      -bg black -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48"
>
> xterm -fn 10x20 -fg black     -bg white -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48"
>
> xterm -fn 10x20 -fg darkred   -bg white -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48"
>
> xterm -fn 10x20 -fg darkgreen -bg white -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48"
>
> xterm -fn 10x20 -fg blue      -bg white -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48"
>
> xterm -fn 8x16  -fg darkred   -bg white -bdc -cc \
> "33:48,37:48,45-47:48,38:48" -C
>
> xterm -fn 8x16  -fg darkgreen -bg white -bdc \
> -exec tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> The bottom two open a console ("-C", you must be
> the console's owner for this to work) and a
> tail on your messages log ("-exec ...")

	Interesting setup.  I might have to tweak my stuff a bit now.  :-)