Desktop Linux survey

Ken Moffat kmoffat at drizzle.com
Thu Aug 24 13:51:47 CEST 2006

Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	You know, I sometimes wish I could get over my anti-Debian feelings and
> maybe try out Ubuntu but it's just so damn hard.
I just switched to plain Debian Etch, the rc3 of their net install,
which works very well. It's a small download for the original setup, and
a very large download to complete the install. Okay for high speed
access. I like Ubuntu, and use gnome and xfce, but something about
ubuntu bothers me. Not sure exactly what other than the root thing.