Desktop Linux survey

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Aug 24 06:16:40 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 18:27 -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:

> I'm surprised to see Gnome and Kde so close in usage.

	I must say that I was, too.  But doesn't Ubuntu (the plane vanilla
version) default to GNOME?  KDE had a massive lead over everything in
the '03 & '04 surveys.

	You know, I sometimes wish I could get over my anti-Debian feelings and
maybe try out Ubuntu but it's just so damn hard.  Not that Debian is a
bad distro.  Far from it.  It's just that there were some "issues" when
it originally was being talked about on alt.os.linux and comp.os.linux
which I ran into that soured it for me.  That and their whole
package/program naming scheme (which I really find stup^H^H^H^H
annoying) is more than I can overcome.