KDE & XFCE4 happy together on debian etch?

Andrew Robinson andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 00:38:09 CEST 2006

Sorry for the missing info.

Debian etch/testing
output of "apt-get install kdelibs-dev":

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Note, selecting kdelibs4-dev instead of kdelibs-dev
  kdelibs4-dev libfam-dev libfam0
Recommended packages:
  fam
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gamin libgamin0 libthunar-vfs-1-2 thunar xfce4 xfdesktop4
  kdelibs4-dev libfam-dev libfam0
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 6 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/1446kB of archives.
After unpacking 778kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

And yes, my apt is updated. It seems to be a dependency conflict
between kde 3.5 and xfce 4.4 beta (4.3.90.2)

Also this is the amd64 distro.