Battery Monitor plug-in

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 11:17:08 CEST 2006

First, use the goodies list for plugin problems, you will probably
receive more response there.

>         Is the battery monitor plug-in being maintained by anyone or is it
> orphaned?  I ask because the current version will not run for me.  I can
> compile and install it, it shows up in the "Add New Item" and once added
> it goes to the config/properties setup but once it's configured and I
> click the close button it just bombs off.  Is there a log file or
> something else that I can do to try and help debug this?

Well compile with debug, maybe the debug output can tell you something.
If the plugin crashes directly you need to convert the plugin to an
internal plugin,
if not (it works when you dnd the plugin, but crash when close the add
dialog), you
can attach gdb to the battery app with:
    gdb xfce4-battery-plugin `pidof xfce4-battery-plugin`
IIRC.

Nick