xfce4-menueditor crashes when saving

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
Sat Aug 12 00:07:31 CEST 2006

Στις Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:06:19 +0200
Ο/Η Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> έγραψε:

> Le vendredi 11 août 2006 à 18:52 -0300, LaPeq FCI a écrit :
> > If I add a quit button and save, the program crashes and my menu
> > file is lost.
> >

> Let me guess (again... *sigh*) you're running Xubuntu ?
>
> If so please send _lots_ of mails to the Xubuntu guys telling them to
> fix that and warn users they are running a SVN version of Xfce that
> includes this nasty bug (fixed for a long time now).

The real problem is users that do not bother looking the available
updates (the easy part), but go and sign up in mailing lists and forums
looking for help for a *patched* *correctd* problem.

/me sighs

> Regards
>
> /me is _really_ _really_ getting fed up with this menueditor problem
> in xubuntu (the intention is good but we warn them about the
> possibled svn issues)

Hopefully, with the updated install ISOs released yesterday they'll
fade away.

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org

"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Just copy me to your signature  to help me spread"