XGL/Compiz and keyboard layout switching

Foxy foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk
Thu Aug 10 14:50:25 CEST 2006

I wonder if anyone uses XGL/Compiz with xfce (from Ubuntu Dapper repos)
and needs to switch between two or more keyboard layouts? It does not
work for me. I have this section in my xorg.conf, but it looks to be
completely ignored.
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier     "Generic Keyboard"
>     Driver         "kbd"
>     Option         "CoreKeyboard"
>     Option         "XkbRules" "xorg"
>     Option         "XkbModel" "pc105"
>     Option         "XkbLayout" "gb, us"
>     Option         "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle"
> EndSection
The keyboard indicator shows three EN and one Unknown languages and I
cannot switch between them with Ctrl+Shift. Though I can click on the
indicator and switch. One of three English is  some unknown layout,
other two and Unknown are GB, US and something else.

However, if  I log into Gnome session and then log out and log into
xfce, then switching is working as it is supposed to work.

Any help would be appreciated.