Xfprint complains about failing request with status 1030 [Was: Re: Is it possible to print?]

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Thu Aug 10 14:03:45 CEST 2006

Le jeudi 10 août 2006 à 13:45 +0200, Rainer Fischer a écrit :

> In my xfce (4.3.90.2 Beta 1 coming with Xubuntu 6.06)
4.3.90.2 is beta2 :-s

> a client.conf cannot be found anywhere.
> Instead, I found
>   in cups.d/ports.conf:
>    Listen localhost:631
>    Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
>
>  in browse.conf:
>    Browsing on
>
> I guess that this is ok.

So what ? These directives are for the server part of CUPS not the
client. I don't know anything about how the CUPS configuration is done
in xubuntu, you should ask them. But i remind you that adding the
ServerName directive is a workaround and the actual bug has been fixed
in SVN (will be shipped with the upcoming rc1 release).

Regards

PS: please keep this discussion on the mailing list, some other xubuntu
users may be interested too.
--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>