Bug in menu editor

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Tue Aug 8 16:08:07 CEST 2006

I thought I'd raise this on the list before reporting it in bugzilla,
firstly to see if I'm the only one, and secondly to get some more info.

I have just upgraded my installation of XFCE on my Debian testing
system. It has been a while since I've done this because of a selection
of dependency issues due to having some of the berlios packages
installed. I have now removed these and am up to date.

Since upgrading, and rebuilding my panel configuration I have noticed
that every time I edit my custom panel with the editor it stops working.
The fix each time is to add a line second to last (i.e. just before the
line </xfdesktop-menu>) with the tag </menu>. This gets deleted again on
the next edit though.

The version I have installed is 4.3.90.1. Any suggestions as to whether
this is an XFCE bug, has crept in with the Debian packaging process or
is peculiar to my system? Alternatively, is it the same bug as the
Xubuntu one and will be fixed with a package update? I've checked both
the XFCE bugzilla and the Debian bug report database and not seen
anything that looks likely to match this.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com