Orage: doesn't close

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sun Aug 6 00:23:48 CEST 2006

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 19:19:40 +0200
Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at corsac.net> wrote:

> AFAIK, it's not a bug, it's a feature (tm).
> Orage is reduced to the systray when closed, if you don't see it check
> that you have a systray running (systray plugin for xfce panel for
> example).

Thanks for the observation, but it's hardly 'expected behaviour'. If I
close a program, I expect it to close, not hide. (In this case, it's
worse. I have no systray running, and it disappears from the taskbar).

I'd suggest a normal close by default, and if the special behaviour is
wanted, a command line option.

At least, as Orage is signalling things to the console all the time, why
not a message stating the new state? Or a message on startup, suggesting
the program shouldn't be run from the console?

John