Will using KDE programs use too much system resources?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 22:40:18 CEST 2006

On 4/28/06, Nick Deubert <ndeubert at optonline.net> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> >There are some KDE programs that I have come to rely upon, such as
> >Kopete and Kate.
> >
> I used to like Kate a lot too, but when I switched to XFCE I found
> bluefish which is also pretty good. Check it out, it did everything I
> needed. And as for kopete, why not gaim?

Is Gaim lighterweight than Kopete? I'll try it then. I thought that
Gaim was the Gnome equivelent. SO loading it would not be any better
than Kopete.

As for bluefish, I'd love to use it. Only problem is, that I'm usually
working on files right on the server. Kate is great in that it stores
fish:// protocol (SFTP) bookmarks internally, and accesses them as if
they were local. If bluefish did that, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the advise. I will look into replacement programs.

Dotan Cohen
http:/lyricslist.com