Message replies (was: Re: Hebrew Support)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Apr 27 23:01:09 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 15:57 -0400, Andrew Conkling wrote:

> Nah, just keep asking, when appropriate.  It's generally a good idea
> to consult the docs first, but sometimes things still don't make sense
> or you can't find them.  We've all been there, and that's why we try
> to help.  (Just be open to the fact that help may come in the form of
> a link to relevant docs. ;)

	One other thing to try and remember...  Just because a message may seem
terse, curt or sharp, the writer most likely didn't intend it to be so.
A good lesson I learned a long, long, (long, long) time ago is to try
and read every reply as if it were sent by your loving mother or wife or
husband or boyfriend or some other person you have a close, caring
relationship with.  Read the nastiest flames as if they were a kind "get
well soon" note from above mentioned loved one.  When you're in this
frame of mind, it helps keep feelings from being hurt and flame wars
from breaking out over nothing.